The Master in Science in Education is an academic master who focuses on the scientific area of Science in Education. The course is aimed at the specialization of professionals in various fields of the Sciences of Education, as well as the initiation of research in these same areas.
The course, with a duration of two years, is organized in seven domains of knowledge of the Education Sciences that correspond to seven areas of specialization:
- Administration of Education;
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation;
- Mathematical education;
- Sociology of Education and Educational Policies;
- Pedagogical supervision in scientific education;
- Pedagogical supervision in language teaching;
- Educational technology and pedagogical practices.
The first year is a curriculum designed to deepen knowledge and familiarization with research in the field of specialization.
The second year is completely devoted to the development of a research project, based on the supervision of a professor appointed by the World Ecumenical University (expert on the subject of research), and leading to the dissertation of the master, who will defend himself before a master. sworn to end of year.
In each area of specialization, the course adopts active teaching methodologies centered on aluminum that foster the interconnection between theory and practice, and whose specific characteristics depend, in part, on the corresponding operating system (semi-presence and online). It uses the Moodle e-learning platform and indexed digital libraries.
1. To deepen the knowledge in the field of the sciences of education in general and its area of specialization in particular;
2. Apply knowledge to solve educational problems within their area of specialization;
3. Integrate knowledge so that it can intervene in multidisciplinary contexts, including indirectly related to its area of specialization;
4. Develop the skills needed to engage in the context of empirical research and / or development;
5. Develop relevant and relevant research projects for their area of expertise;
6. Implement research projects that have contributed to the evolution of knowledge in their area of specialization;
7. Communicating knowledge and reasoning to experts and non-specialists in clear management and ambiguity;
8. Develop permanent learning skills autonomously in their area of specialization;
9. Pronounce reasonably on educational topics;
10. Appreciate the ethical and social implications of educational methods, processes and measures.
Access to higher education.
This course provides the technical-scientific ability to access courses in the next cycle (Doctorate).
This course is aimed primarily at professionals who want to deepen their skills and / or specialize in a particular field of science in education. For this reason, it is relevant for the advancement of the teaching career, in accordance with the terms of the Statute of Teachers and Teachers of Basic and Secondary Education.
Some areas of qualifying specialization for specialized staff in School and primary and secondary school groups (such as Group / School, Department Coordinator or Supervisor). In addition, the Scientific and Pedagogical Council for Continuing Education recognizes some of the areas of specialization, as well as its curricular units, for the purposes of continuing education.